You have no items in your shopping cart.
Pamela Holsinger - Mar 18 2021
What is hydrated and dehydrated skin?
Our 5 Top Skin Hydration Tips
Hydrated skin is easy to spot as it glows with moisture while dehydrated skin can appear dull, flaky, and dry. As the cold seasons are approaching, the cold weather tends to dry out our skin. Other causes of dehydrated skin are the lack of water content consumed and natural oils being stripped out from the skin.
Symptoms of dehydrated skin:
- Tightness of skin.
- Rough looking and rough feeling skin.
- Itchy and or redness.
- Slight to severe flaking, scaling, or peeling.
- Fine lines or cracks.
- Dull ashy looking skin.
How to Hydrate your Skin
IF you keep an eye on your skin you will recognise when your skin is looking dehydrated and enable you to react to the needs of your skin to keep it dewy soft and radiant.
1. Having a sufficient amount of water. Drinking water and eating water-rich foods are of high importance in increasing skin hydration. Water-rich foods consist of melons, strawberries, pineapple, cucumber, celery, and much more. Intaking hydration-filled foods will make you look and feel nourished. Try my Hydration Snack, the recipe is below.
2. Use hydrating skincare products that are plant derived and that do not contain harsh chemicals. It is highly beneficial to invest in hydrating skincare products. The Ellkeri Intensive Hydrating Serum and ellkeri Intensive Moisturiser are great for your skin to receive the hydration it needs. Their natural ingredients will leave your skin fresh, plump, and luminous. Note that the best way to apply skincare products for maximum hydration is on damp skin. Face masks are also great in adding that extra moisture for healthy, hydrated looking skin. So don’t hesitate to pamper your skin every now and then! It is also very important to wear sunscreen every day and reapplying every 2 hours, as suggested by dermatologists. This protects the skin barrier against skin damage and hydration extraction.
3. Avoid long hot showers and baths. Although most of us ladies like hot showers or to soak in a luxuriously hot scented bath, but it can be damaging to your skin. The heat strips the skin of its natural oils and lipids, and thus, leaving it dehydrated. Do your skin a favour by turning the temperature down and get out before you prune up!
4. Invest in a Humidifier Investing in a humidifiers are perfect for maintaining the skin’s hydration. They’re especially good in winter as the humidity range dramatically falls, hence leaving the skin dry and dehydrated. The added benefit of a good humidifier is that it also traps allergens in its filter and circulates air during the night.
5. Regular exfoliation Exfoliating helps remove the top dead layer of the skin to return the dewy radiant glow. The Ellkeri Detoxifying Brightening Face Scrub and Mask is just the right exfoliant and hydration booster your skin needs. Its Australian native ingredients gently exfoliate the dead skin cells to replenish your skin’s natural glow.
Article credit : Pamela Holsinger
LET OUR CUSTOMERS DO THE TALK FOR US
“WOW, I wish you could feel my skin. It is so soft and smooth. I have been using iGETU Botanicals for quite a while now and I love how the Detoxifying Brightening Face Scrub and Mask used with the Intensifying Hydration Serum leaves my skin so dewy and radiant. EVEN BETTER it lasts for a week.”